Television Live Action
The following are the steps you must take prior to your first day of travel, rehearsal or principal photography, whichever comes first (we recommend giving yourself at least three weeks).
Start by completing the Preliminary Information Sheet.
Email the completed form to signTVProjects@sagaftra.org.
A SAG-AFTRA Business Representative will contact you within a few days and send you a packet of information and documents.
Complete and return the following five documents from your packet:
- Television Information Sheet
- Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists Producers of Theatrical Motion Pictures
- Television Live Action Agreement
- SAG-AFTRA-Producers Pension Plan Adherence Letters
- Television/Theatrical Production Checklist
Also complete and submit documentation that indicates who is employing the performers:
- Corporation – Provide your Articles of Incorporation
- Limited Liability Corporations (LLC) – Provide your Articles of Organization, LLC Operating Agreement
- Partnership or Joint Venture – Provide your Fictitious Business Name Statement (if applicable) and Partnership Agreement (if applicable).
Send your SAG-AFTRA Business Representative the following three required production documents:
- Complete Pre-Production Cast List
- A copy of the shooting script
- Day Out of Days
When all of the outlined requirements are fulfilled, your SAG-AFTRA Business Representative will give your production “clearance,” allowing you to verify with the Union that the Performers and Background Actors you’ve hired for your project are in good standing and can work. This is referred to as the Station 12 clearance process.
During production, complete and submit to your SAG-AFTRA Business Representative Performer Contracts for Television Motion Pictures and, for each day of production, Production Time Report Forms (Exhibit G).
Working With Non-Union Members
If you are hiring a principal performer or background actor who is not yet a SAG-AFTRA member, you should submit the applicable Taft-Hartley Report to your Business Representative, along with a head shot and resume.
After production, complete and submit the following to your SAG-AFTRA Business Representative:
1) Final Cast List
2) Casting Data Report Forms
And that’s it!
If you have any questions throughout any of the signatory process, please contact a SAG-AFTRA Business Representative at the number listed below.
Thank you for working with SAG-AFTRA!