The Ads Go Union Commercial Organizing Campaign is a member-driven initiative that protects and increases union commercial work.
Do you have information about a non-union commercial? We want to hear from you.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 280-6705.
Any Information you provide is completely confidential, and your name and contact information are not required.
Thank you for your confidential support in helping more Ads Go Union.
We’re building solid relationships with our partners in the industry (casting directors, agents, production companies, ad agencies, sister unions) so we can all work together to keep standards high for everyone.
The industry is changing and so are we. Our contracts need to reflect current realities in the advertising industry.
We’re collecting pertinent data and staying on top of trends and industry developments.
SAG-AFTRA is committed to being responsive and helpful to producers who want to hire our members.
We’re making sure agencies and advertisers, who are signatory to our contracts, shoot all their ads union.
SAG-AFTRA is its members. We’re engaging our members, nationwide, in this campaign because we need all hands on deck! We’re disciplining members who don’t honor their commitment to only work union jobs, because we’ll only be successful if we all stand strong together. And we’re reaching out to actors who aren’t members yet, because we’re protecting their future, too.
Steps We’re Taking:
- Enforcing our contracts – we make sure union signatories only shoot union.
- Building alliances with industry partners that include talent agents and casting directors.
- Coordinating organizing efforts with sister unions – DGA, IATSE and Teamsters.
- Promoting our contracts to advertisers, ad agencies and production companies.
- Engaging and enlisting more members in our organizing efforts.
- Reaching out to pre-members and providing information on the benefits of SAG-AFTRA membership.
- Promoting our new “made-in/played-in” local and regional codes.
- Connecting with the next generation of commercials actors through outreach to acting schools and improv houses.
- Enforcing Global Rule One - SAG-AFTRA is cracking down on members who work non-union and in the last year over 100 members have been sent through the disciplinary process.