James Cagney Boardroom- Lobby Level
5757 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Enter the parking structure via Curson Ave. or Masselin Ave. - Due to construction, it is recommended that you enter from the Masselin Ave. parking entrance.
Parking will be validated.
When: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Friday, Sept. 6
The Los Angeles Background Actors Education & Outreach Subcommittee proudly presents the first ever Background Actors Resource Fair! No RSVP needed. Join us in the James Cagney Boardroom anytime between 11 a.m.—1 p.m. to speak one on one with a variety of organizations that benefit all aspects of the background actors’ life: career, health, finances and much more. Members will have a chance to enter a raffle to win SAG-AFTRA SWAG and an additional raffle will be held at the Casting Networks table. See details below.
Vendors will include:
- Learn about the different credit unions available to you as a performer:
- Actors Credit Union
- First Entertainment Credit Union
- SAG-AFTRA Credit Union
- Speak with casting professionals from:
- Breakdown Services
- Casting Frontiers
- Casting Networks: Casting Networks will give two lucky winners a one-year Premium Unlimited membership to LA Casting. The Premium Unlimited membership is valued at over $250/year and includes unlimited photo uploads, unlimited submissions to open calls listed on Casting Billboard®, and unlimited uploads of video and audio clips. You must visit their table to enter the raffle. Admittance to the fair does not guarantee a chance to visit this table.
- Get makeup tips from:
- Cinzia Zanetti
- Sign up for a chance to get a free headshot on site from:
- Micha Smith Photography!
- Learn all about the benefits of joining the SAG-AFTRA Conservatory
- The Background Actors Department Business Representatives will be in attendance to answer any contracts questions
- Get your correct wardrobe measurements done by a wardrobe professional from Motion Picture Costumers IATSE Local 705!
Questions? Please contact the Background Actors Department at BackgroundActorsInfo@sagaftra.org or 323-549-6811.
RSVP: No need to RSVP for this event. We are excited to see you anytime between 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.!
This workshop is only open to paid-up SAG-AFTRA members in good standing. Unfortunately, no guests allowed. All performers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. SAG-AFTRA members, PLEASE BRING YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD OR DIGITAL CARD ON YOUR APP (paid through October 31, 2019) FOR ADMITTANCE. This workshop is not intended to imply an endorsement of any individual or company by SAG-AFTRA. The information provided through the workshop is given for informational purposes and may not be a suitable substitute for the advice of other industry professionals. You should always use good judgment in these matters and should not act or refrain from acting based solely on information provided through the workshop. Vendor list is subject to change. Attendance does not guarantee a chance to speak to all vendors.