Fi-Core means you are quitting SAG-AFTRA and giving up your SAG-AFTRA card and membership.
GET THE FACTS: YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO LEARN MORE.
- Turning Fi-Core means you become a Fee Paying Non-Member (FPNM).
- Fi-Core/FPNM can NOT represent themselves as SAG-AFTRA members on headshots, resumes, electronic submissions or web sites.
- In order to be considered for reinstatement into active membership, a FPNM would need to submit a petition for reinstatement that is granted approval. If approved, there are also financial obligations.
- Fi-Core/FPNM are viewed as scabs or anti-union by SAG-AFTRA members, directors, and writers-most of whom also belong to entertainment unions.
- Fi-Core/FPNM can't take advantage of member only benefits.
- Click here to learn more about the BENEFITS OF BEING A SAG-AFTRA MEMBER.
- REMEMBER: If you are choosing financial core because you were asked to work on a non-union project, you're missing out on an opportunity for the union to organize the project for you and all SAG-AFTRA members.
- We may be able to organize the project before you make a decision that could significantly affect your career.
Surprised by any of what you've read? Need more information?
We are here to help. We encourage you to contact Ka’Coyia Friend, Manager of Financial Core, by calling (323) 549-6019 or call your local office directly to get all the facts about financial core.
IT MAY BE YOUR RIGHT, BUT IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU? YOUR CAREER? YOUR FAMILY? YOUR FELLOW SAG-AFTRA MEMBERS?
MEMBERSHIP IN SAG-AFTRA MEANS THAT YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL.
Virtually every performer or media/entertainment professional whose work you admire is a SAG-AFTRA member in good standing. Professionals require standards of employment in order to have their talents seen in the best light and to receive adequate compensation for the use of their performances. SAG-AFTRA cannot find you work, but we are committed to helping dedicated and talented professionals create their own opportunities, hone their craft, provide access to casting professionals and help them more fully understand the entertainment business.
Before you consider giving up your SAG-AFTRA membership for a non-union job, make sure you have taken full advantage of the many ways your union membership can help you develop your career and give you a professional edge over the competition.
WHAT DO I LOSE IF I AM WORKING ON A NON-UNION PRODUCTION?
SAG-AFTRA CONTRACTS ─ You lose the protection of SAG-AFTRA contracts and a voice in your workplace. Your agreement to perform non-union work is between you and the producer. If the producer fails to pay or abide by an agreement, the union's legal staff cannot help you. For more information on contracts, click here.
RESIDUALS ─ Non-union residuals are an oxymoron. Most non-union productions do not pay residuals. When you're not working a SAG-AFTRA contract, SAG-AFTRA legal cannot represent you. Furthermore, when you are no longer represented by SAG-AFTRA, you are responsible for collecting your own money.
SAG-Producers Pension Plan & SAG-AFTRA Health Plan ─ Eligibility is earned only when you work under SAG-AFTRA contracts.