Production Center Redesign
The Ultra Low Budget Agreement applies to those films with a total budget of less than $250,000.
Click the NEXT button for a signatory tutorial.
The following are the steps you must take prior to your first day of travel, rehearsal or principal photography, whichever comes first (we recommend giving yourself at least three weeks).
Start by completing the Preliminary Information Sheet for Ultra Low Budget Agreements.
Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A SAG-AFTRA Business Representative will contact you within a few days and send you a packet of information and documents.
Complete and return the following documents from your packet:
1) Company Authorization Letter form
2) Theatrical Information Sheet
3) SAG-AFTRA Agreement for Independent Producers of Theatrical Motion Pictures
4) Ultra Low Budget Agreement
5) SAG-AFTRA-Producers Pension and Health Adherence Letters
Also complete and submit documentation that indicates who is employing the actors:
Corporation – Provide your Articles of Incorporation and completed Corporation Resolution. Click to download.
Limited Liability Corporations (LLC) – Provide your Articles of Organization, LLC Operating Agreement and completed LLC Resolution. Click to download.
Partnership or Joint Venture – Provide your Fictitious Business Name Statement (if applicable) and Partnership Agreement (if applicable).
Send your SAG-AFTRA Business Representative the following four required production documents:
1) Complete Pre-Production Cast List
2) A copy of the shooting script
3) Day Out of Days
4) Line Item Budget
Once we’ve received and reviewed all of the applicable documents, your SAG-AFTRA Business Representative will contact you and let you know the amount of the security deposit, which you must deliver to the union as follows:
1) Security Deposit (cashier’s check or wire transfer)
2) Security Deposit letter
3) W-9 form
Complete the fillable areas completely.
When all of these requirements are fulfilled, your Business Representative will give your production “clearance,” which will allow the performers you have cast to begin work.
During production, complete and submit the following to your SAG-AFTRA Business Representative:
1) Delivery of each week’s payroll checks to the Union: Itemized checks made payable to each performer must be delivered to your Business Representative no later than the Thursday following each payroll week.
2) Delivery of each week’s total Pension and Health contributions: In addition to the payroll checks, you must deliver a check made payable to the SAG-AFTRA-Producers Pension Plan in the amount of the total Pension and Health contributions for the previous week’s payroll, accompanied by a completed Pension and Health Plans Theatrical Weekly Report of Contributions.
Required Documents (cont’d)
3) SAG-AFTRA Performer Contracts for Ultra Low Budget Theatrical Motion Pictures
4) Complete a Production Time Report Form (Exhibit G) for each day of production.
After production, complete and submit the following to your SAG-AFTRA Business Representative:
1) Final Cast List
2) Detailed Final Cost Report
And that’s it!
If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact your SAG-AFTRA Business Representative.
Thank you for working with SAG-AFTRA.