Los Angeles (August 21, 2012) – As a coalition of unions, guilds and associations representing hundreds of thousands of men and women whose livelihoods depend on the strength of the California entertainment industry, we applaud the passage of SB 1167 by the California State Senate.
With today’s 32 to 3 vote passing Senator Ron Calderon’s bill to extend the California Film & Television Tax Credit Program for an additional two years, the State Senate has joined the members of the State Assembly in demonstrating overwhelming support and a meaningful commitment to keeping jobs in California and contributing to a flourishing entertainment industry – one in which tens of thousands of skilled and talented Californians can build livelihoods and contribute to our state’s economy.
We thank Senator Calderon for his leadership and we look forward to the extension’s continued progress through the California Legislature over the coming weeks.
Click here to download a PDF of the release.
# # #
- California Teamsters Public Affairs Council
- Directors Guild of America
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 399
- Laborers’ International Union of North America, Local 724
- Professional Musicians Local 47
- Recording Musicians Association