How Dues Are Calculated
- Dues are based on a sliding scale, with the amount determined by how much you earn under SAG or AFTRA contracts.
- Each SAG-AFTRA member pays annual base dues. In addition members pay 1.575% of all individual earnings under SAG or AFTRA contracts between $1 and $500,000.
- Dues are calculated on an annual basis, and paid in two installments — the first on May 1, and the second on November 1. Dues are not prorated. Bills are mailed to the address on record before each due date. Members who do not receive bills are responsible for requesting duplicates.
- For broadcasters, membership in SAG-AFTRA is governed by the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement under which you are employed. Contact the National Broadcast Department or your nearest Local when you are offered a job in a SAG-AFTRA shop for more information on initiation fees and dues.
- Dues payments may be made by cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover in person or by mail to Cashier, SAG-AFTRA, P O Box 60513, City of Industry, CA 91716-0513. Please put your member ID number on your check. You can also pay your dues online at SAGAFTRA.org.