When: 1 – 3 p.m., Wednesday, August 30
Where: SAG-AFTRA Plaza
James Cagney Boardroom – Lobby Level
5757 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA. 90036
Parking will be validated.
Explore how to record professional quality auditions and deliver them directly to agents and casting directors.
In this workshop Tim Powell will help you discover:
• How to achieve outstanding results on a tight budget
• Common self-taping mistakes to avoid
• How to understand and implement 3-Point Lighting
• How to select the best equipment for your needs
• How to make composition choices that grab and hold viewers’ attention
• Where to find recording and delivery apps that produce the best results
• Professional audio tips and tricks
• Relevant audio and video terminology
• How to understand and implement compression to meet file size requirements
• How to deliver your auditions efficiently and free of charge
• How to secretly use your SmartPhone or tablet for professional self-taping
• Links, to online tutorials, recommended products, and self taping resources.
Tim Powell is an actor, producer, coach and teacher, and has been recording and delivering studio quality video-auditions for actors since the late ‘90s. Powell has acquired extensive knowledge and experience, from more than a decade of running his own video production company and working with the industry’s preeminent casting professionals. He shares his expertise on how to produce clean, excellent quality, video-audition uploads on a restricted budget.
Since 2014, Powell has been sharing this information in workshops for the Los Angeles SAG-AFTRA Conservatory and in workshops for the SAG-AFTRA General Membership.
This workshop is only open to paid-up SAG-AFTRA members in good standing — no guests are allowed. Parents/guardians of performers under 18 years old are welcome. SAG-AFTRA members, PLEASE BRING YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD OR DIGITAL CARD ON YOUR APP (paid through October 31, 2017) for admittance. This workshop is not intended to imply an endorsement of any individual or company by SAG-AFTRA. The information provided through the workshop is given for informational purposes and may not be a suitable substitute for the advice of other industry professionals. You should always use good judgment in these matters and should not act or refrain from acting based solely on information provided through the workshop.
You must RSVP to attend. Spaces are limited.
To RSVP, click here.
Questions? Please email (323) 634-8277.