The SAG-AFTRA Hawaii Local held an informational session for members led by Fatna Sallak-Williams, national director of the SAG-AFTRA Background Actors Department, on March 25. She presented a review of valuable information from the background actors contract and answered questions.
The following are convenient links to the digest and fillable pdf claims forms:
Following the presentation and after refreshments, the approximately 60 attendees took part in a “talk story” session with a panel of industry professionals consisting of:
• Shayne Hartigan, casting director with Sande Alessi Casting (background actors for Hawaii Five-0 and Magnum P.I.);
• Chantal Boomla, makeup and hair artist;
• Charley Kaeo, costumer (also on the Executive Board of IATSE Local 665);
• Sean Douglas Hoban, who now serves as background set PA and second AD (and who is a brother SAG-AFTRA Hawaii Local member); and
• Rachel Sutton, Casting Director with Ohana Casting (principal actors for Hawaii Five-0 and Magnum P.I.).
— By Leanne Natsuyo Teves, SAG-AFTRA Hawaii Local Board member and Background Committee chair, for the local newsletter.
- Local News