Help Us Get Out the Vote in Two Easy Steps
- Record a short video (under 30 seconds) of yourself encouraging members, friends and family to vote.
- Post your video on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using #sagaftramembers and tag @sagaftra
We will retweet or share as many videos as we can. Remember, SAG-AFTRA is a non-partisan organization so we can’t retweet or share videos that endorse specific candidates or political parties.
Not sure what to say? Here are some sample scripts:
Hi! I’m [INSERT NAME] from [INSERT LOCATION]. I’m a SAG-AFTRA member, a [INSERT PROFESSION] and, most importantly, I’m a voter.
I’m voting because it’s my right, and it’s my responsibility.
Your vote is your voice. Make it heard this Election Day.
Fight for the people who fight for what matters to you.
Remember, every vote counts.
Hey, it's time to vote!
My name is [INSERT NAME] and I'm a proud SAG-AFTRA member living in [INSERT YOUR STATE].
I’m voting in 2020 because I care deeply about my country, and I need to make a difference.
You can too.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime election, and we need to make sure our voices are heard this Election Day.
Join me in voting. Thank you.
Simple tips for recording:
- If possible, have someone else film with the camera on the back of the phone. The front-facing (selfie) camera is lower quality but also works.
- Hold the phone horizontally (wide, not tall)
- For your background and wardrobe, avoid logos, pictures and art that could be copyrighted.
- Choose a quiet location and stay close to the phone.
- Face a light source like a window or lamp. Shooting under ceiling lights or the mid-day sun can create strong shadows.