The only awards program recognizing employers of our members, the American Scene Awards shines a spotlight on producers whose projects exemplify their commitment to employment of our diverse union membership.
Following the lead set by the SAG-AFTRA Constitution, the categories under which union-covered projects will be considered will reflect the three (3) major areas under which our members work so that there will be three (3) awards as follows:
- American Scene Award in Entertainment
- American Scene Award in Music & Sound Recordings
- Belva Davis American Scene Award in News & Broadcast
Below are some examples of the types and areas of SAG-AFTRA projects that can be considered. When in doubt: submit your nomination and we’ll let you know!
- FILMS—Studios, Indies, Shorts
- TELEVISION—Network, Cable and Premium channels
- NEW MEDIA—Online, On-demand and Streaming
- COMMERCIALS & CORPORATE EDUCATION
- ANIMATION & INTERACTIVE (GAMES)
- DOCUMENTARIES & AUDIOBOOKS
- TELEVISION OR RADIO NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT BROADCAST CONTRACTS: On-Camera & On-Air National & Local Network & Cable and Daytime & Late Nite
- REALITY TV: Competitions to Game Shows
- RECORDING CONTRACTS