John McGuire is SAG-AFTRA’s Senior Advisor. He held the position of Associate National Executive Director for SAG from 1983 to 2001. Prior to that position, he served as the New York Executive Director at the Guild, having started with the union in 1969.
In addition to assisting in the union’s major contract negotiations, he has represented the union at meetings with performer organizations around the world. McGuire presently holds the following positions in entertainment-related organizations:
- Trustee, SAG-Producers Pension & Health Plans
- Vice-President and Founding Director of the Museum of the Moving Image
- President, Council of Motion Picture & Television Unions of New York City
- Secretary, Motion Picture Players Welfare Fund
- Trustee, SAG Foundation
- Board Member, Industry Advancement & Cooperative Fund
- General Vice President, Department for Professional Employees, AFL-CIO
McGuire graduated from Fordham College with a B.A. degree in history and earned a J.D. degree in law from Fordham Law School.