The JPC and SAG-AFTRA have agreed on updates to the Low Budget Digital Waiver, effective January 1, 2020. The 2020 Low Budget Digital Waiver is now available for download. Changes include:
- Production budget threshold increased to $100K per production day;
- Talent use fees/edits are no longer included in the calculation of the production budget;
- Productions are now categorized as “Connected Shoots” (i.e., low budget production shoots shot on the same day as a production not shot under the waiver) and “Unconnected Shoots” (i.e., low budget production shoots not connected to another production);
- Session fees are negotiable for Unconnected Shoots and paid at scale for Connected Shoots;
- OT is paid based on the Commercial Contract rates for Connected Shoots but negotiable for Unconnected Shoots.
- News Updates