Join Our Annual Tweet-a-Thon!
What: This Labor Day, we can all do our part to help send a positive message about the value of unions – and we’re encouraging Screen Actors Guild members to do so through Twitter! Simply send a Tweet over Labor Day weekend with the hash tag #unionmember to showcase the strength, solidarity and diversity of our unions. And to show your support for SAG, also include the hash tag #SAGmember.
Why: Labor Day is a celebration of the American worker and a day to honor the labor movement. It's also a day most Americans can enjoy as a holiday thanks to the efforts of unions and workers’ rights advocates. It’s a great time to remind the public that unions still play an important role today. And it’s an easy way to show you’re a proud union member. Your followers and supporters, and our allies in the entertainment industry, professional sports community, and workers’ rights and union movement, and more will be ReTweeting to maximize visibility of the effort.
When: Tweets can be sent Thursday, September 1 through Labor Day, Monday, September 5.
Who: The Tweet-A-Thon has been organized by American Rights at Work. SAG members will also be joined by our colleagues at AFTRA and AEA, as well as members of the Major League Baseball Players Association and the National Football League Players Association. Feel free to send multiple tweets honoring all of your unions. Your followers and supporters, and our allies in the entertainment industry, professional sports community, and workers’ rights and union movement, and more will be Re-tweeting to maximize visibility of the effort.
How: We’ve made this easy. Here are sample suggested tweets to send through your Twitter account on Labor Day. All are under 140 characters. Of course personalize as you see fit.
Please use #unionmember in each tweet so we know you’re participating! If you have room, feel free to include the short URL of the tweet-a-thon’s website, http://umem.us.
- #sagmember Want to make it big? Become a #unionmember
- Best career advice: become a #unionmember http://umem.us #sagmember
- I’m a #sagmember #unionmember. Happy Labor Day http://umem.us
- I am a #sagmember #unionmember Part of the American dream.
- Happy Labor Day from a proud #sagmember #unionmember
- Become a #unionmember like me. http://umem.us #sagmember
- Oscar, Emmy, SAG Award Winners? #unionmember #sagmember
- #sagmember #unionmember Stronger together. Happy Labor Day
- Happy #LaborDay! #sagmember #unionmember for life. http://umem.us
- Proud #sagmember #unionmember! Happy Labor Day http://umem.us
- #sagmember Happy Labor Day, paid for by the labor movement. #unionmember
- I’m a #unionmember because together we are more powerful than we are alone.
- One for All and All for One: I’m a #unionmember and #sagmember
- #LaborDay is a great day to support workers rights and being a #unionmember
- Fun fact: I'm a #unionmember and #sagmember! Happy #LaborDay!
- Being a #unionmember gets you a shot at the American Dream
- Happy to be a #unionmember this Labor Day? Tweet about it!
- One for All and All for One: I’m a #unionmember #sagmember
- Proud to be a #unionmember #sagmember this #LaborDay!
Participating in a Labor Day event? Tweet your photos!
There are numerous tools you can use to tweet about your Labor Day event and include photos in your tweets! iPhone users should use the official Twitter iPhone app from the App Store. For Blackberry users, we suggest UberTwitter, download at http://www.ubertwitter.com. Android users should use the official Twitter Android App via the Android Market.
Thank you in advance for participating and have a happy and safe Labor Day.