License Fees and Royalties

days since last accident 182
License Fees, Royalties and Other Information

The AFM & SAG-AFTRA Intellectual Property Rights Distribution Fund collects and distributes monies that SAG-AFTRA and the American Federation of Musicians collect on behalf of non-featured singers and instrumentalists pursuant to U.S. and foreign laws. Session singers and royalty artists who sing background vocals on other artists' recordings should visit the site to find out if they have money.

SoundExchange - If you have ever performed as a featured artist, you should join SoundExchange, the organization that licenses the public performance of sound recordings on digital channels like cable, satellite and the Internet and collects and distributes the license fees. SoundExchange distributes the artist's share of license fees directly to the featured artist. Click here to see a list of the many music services who paid SoundExchange royalties through the last quarter of 2012. (Please note this document is 123 pages).

The Alliance of Artists and Record Companies (AARC). If you have ever performed as a featured artist, you should join AARC, the organization that collects and distributes featured artist royalties collected under the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992. This Act requires that users of digital audio copying devices pay royalties, a portion of which will be distributed to artists.