2015-2017 SF-NORCAL LOCAL BOARD
Kathryn Howell – President
Brian Hackney – Vice President (Broadcast)
Ed Vasgersian – Vice President (Performer)
Marie Shell – Recording Secretary
Ann E. Fields
Lucrecia Sarita Russo
SAN FRANCISCO-NORTHERN CALIFORNIA LOCAL CONTACT INFORMATION
Phone (415) 391-7510
Fresno & Sacramento (888) 238-7250
Fax (415) 391-1108
350 Sansome Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94104
Find us on Facebook.
Local Executive Director Bids Farewell
Former Local Executive Director Len Egert
I write to inform you of my decision to leave SAG-AFTRA effective July 15. I have accepted the position of national executive director of AGMA (American Guild of Musical Artists) based in New York. It is simply too good an opportunity to forego. It has been a pleasure working with all of you, the elected leadership and our superb staff in helping form this new organization. I am proud of our local’s accomplishments during the past several years. I want to thank everyone for your support, guidance and assistance throughout the years. When we help each other and work as a team there is no limit on what we can achieve.
During the past several years the San Francisco-Northern California Local has made significant strides, including:
• Successful completion of multiple broadcast negotiations (over 15) by galvanizing the affected membership and implementing innovative social media campaigns;
• Re-engaging local film, television and commercial producers and bringing many previously non-union producers, ad agencies and signatories back into the fold;
• Re-capturing over 70 productions under the corporate/educational agreement, resulting in over 100 new jobs for members;
• Successfully organizing KNBR-AM — the top-rated sports radio station in the Bay Area — as well as off-air staff at KGO-AM, KSFO-AM and KCBS-AM, resulting in about 100 new members;
• Devising and implementing a local safety summit initiative with other unions in response to a pattern of continued robberies and attacks on news crews in the field; and
• Establishing strong relationships with local film commissioners, talent agencies, casting directors and the labor community at large.
The local will be in good hands with President Kathryn Howell, who has formed a local search committee to find the new executive director. The committee will work with Mathis Dunn, associate national executive director, and Linda Dowell, assistant national executive director, locals, along with support from the Human Resources department, to identify and recommend a candidate or candidates to the Local Board and the national executive director. Watch for further news and know that our wonderful staff at the local remains committed to providing excellent service during this transition.