Auction Benefits the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s Children’s Literacy & Assistance Programs
LOS ANGELES (Jan. 28, 2016) – The SAG Awards® Ceremony Auction begins Friday, January 29 at 9 p.m. (ET) / 6 p.m. (PT) at sagawards.org/auction. The SAG Awards Ceremony Auction offers movie and television fans the chance to win autographed collectibles signed by many of this year’s nominated actors and casts, including a script and poster of "The Revenant" signed by Leonardo DiCaprio and Alejandro González Iñárritu, a "Spotlight" photo signed by the cast and a Boston Globe clipping with an embossed Moleskine notebook, an embossed leather bound "Room" script signed by the cast, and more. Also up for bid are set visits to “E! News" and "Entertainment Tonight," "The Magic Castle Experience for four" donated from Patrón Tequila, as well as premium items and unique experiences provided by the networks, studios, and SAG Awards sponsors. The auction closes Monday, February 8 at 9 p.m. (ET) / 6 p.m. (PT).
Proceeds from the SAG Awards Ceremony Auction support the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s signature children's literacy programs: BookPALS (Performing Artists for Literacy in Schools) and Storyline Online (storylineonline.net) where professional actors read to close to 6 million children in classrooms and online every month. The auction also supports the Foundation's Catastrophic Health Fund and Emergency Assistance Program for performers in need.
The following is a list of items up for bid at the SAG Awards Ceremony Auction organized by autographed memorabilia & collectibles, experiences, and premium items.
Autographed Collectibles and Memorabilia
• “The Revenant” script signed by Leonardo DiCaprio and Alejandro González Iñárritu
• “The Revenant” poster signed by Leonardo DiCaprio and Alejandro González Iñárritu
• “Room” leather bound and embossed script signed by the cast
• "Spotlight" photo signed by the cast and Boston Globe clipping with embossed Moleskine notebook
• "The Big Short" poster signed by the cast
• “Transparent” poster signed by the cast
• “Downton Abbey: A Celebration” cast signed book with all 6 seasons on DVD
• “I Smile Back” poster signed by Sarah Silverman including the book “I Smile Back”
• “Mr Robot” episodic photo signed by Rami Malek and Christian Slater
• “Orange is the New Black” poster signed by the cast
• “House of Cards” edition of Cards Against Humanity
• “Beasts of No Nation” book signed by the cast with tote bag
• “Straight Outta Compton” mini-posters signed by the cast
• “Trumbo” poster signed by the cast
• “Mattel Barbie Carroll Burnett Went With The Wind” doll signed by Carol Burnett
• “Annie” poster signed by Carol Burnett
• “Poltergeist” poster signed by JoBeth Williams
• “Clambake” poster signed by Shelley Fabares
• “Spinout” poster signed by Shelley Fabares
• “Girl Happy” poster signed by Shelley Fabares
• “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl” poster signed by the cast
• “The Grinder” pilot script signed by the cast
• “Sicario” script signed by the cast
• Showtime memorabilia package
• San Francisco 49ers football signed by Eric Reid #35
Experiences, Tapings and Packages
• The Gift of Magic: Magic Castle Experience for 4 sponsored by Patron Tequila
• "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider" set visit for two
• "E! News" live taping for two
• Champagne Taittinger 6L Bottle signed by 21st Annual SAG Awards recipients
• Three-month home delivery of FIJI Water
On Saturday, Jan. 30 the SAG Awards Red Carpet Pre-show, including the announcement of the outstanding television and film stunt ensemble action performances honorees, begins at 6 p.m. (ET) / 3 p.m. (PT) and will be webcast live on sagawards.tntdrama.com, sagawards.org and People.com. The live simulcast of the 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards on TNT and TBS begins later, at 8 p.m. (ET) / 5 p.m. (PT).
About the SAG-AFTRA Foundation
The SAG-AFTRA Foundation envisions a world where all artists can realize their dreams, and children are empowered to create their own. It is an educational, humanitarian and philanthropic 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, independent from SAG-AFTRA, and relies solely on support from grants, corporate sponsorships, and individual contributions to maintain its programs. The nonprofit gives back to the professionals of SAG-AFTRA, their families, and communities. The SAG-AFTRA Foundation provides vital assistance and educational programming to guild professionals while serving the public at large through its signature children’s literacy programs. For 30 years, the Foundation has granted more than $17 million in financial and medical assistance through its Catastrophic Health Fund and Emergency Assistance Programs, and $6.5 million in scholarships to SAG-AFTRA members and their dependents. In addition, the nonprofit has offered 6,200 free educational workshops, panels and screenings to union performers nationwide and its children’s literacy programs have brought the love of reading to more than 100 million children worldwide. For more information, visit www.sagaftra.foundation.
Connect with the Foundation:
Instagram: instagram.com/ sagaftraFOUND
About the 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards®
The 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® presented by SAG-AFTRA with Screen Actors Guild Awards, LLC will be produced by Avalon Harbor Entertainment, Inc. and simulcast live on TNT and TBS on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016 at 8 p.m. (ET) / 5 p.m. (PT). TBS and TNT subscribers will also be able to watch the SAG Awards live through the networks' websites and mobile apps. In addition, TNT will present a primetime encore of the ceremony immediately following the live presentation. For more information about the SAG Awards®, SAG-AFTRA, TNT and TBS, visit sagawards.org/about.
Prior to the televised ceremony, honorees for outstanding television and film stunt ensemble action performances will be announced from the red carpet during the SAG Awards Red Carpet Pre-Show, which will be webcast live on sagawards.tntdrama.com, sagawards.org and People.com beginning at 6 p.m. (ET) / 3 p.m. (PT).
One of the awards season’s premier events, the SAG Awards® annually celebrates the outstanding motion pictures and television performances from the previous calendar year. Of the top industry honors presented to actors, only the SAG Awards are selected entirely by performers’ peers in SAG-AFTRA. Members in good standing eligible to vote this year number 116,741. The SAG Awards was the first televised awards show to acknowledge the work of union members and the first to present awards to motion picture casts and television ensembles.
Connect with the SAG Awards®
Google +: http://google.com/+SAGawards/