By Kim Renee
Conservatory Committee Chair
Here’s a recap of the great conservatory events presented by the local this past six months:
Using Social Media in Your Acting Business – Ryan Walker, June 11
• How to fine-tune your fan base. Post updates at least three times per week.
• How to interact with fans. Keep it short and nice, with a caution on not being “too nice,” and keep it professional.
How to Make a Website – Chris Rogers, July 23
• Basic website design criteria and costs associated with owning a domain.
• Using advanced features and tips on photos and content layout.
• How to maximize your search engine hits.
Self-Taping – Tim Powell, Aug. 27
Discussed were the following:
• Lighting, backdrop and camera techniques.
• How to best utilize your smartphone when self-taping.
• How to make the most of your out-of-state, self-taped audition.
• How to make a quality self-tape on a budget and the benefits of submitting video, both local and out-of-town.
Be Ready When the Time Comes – Rusty Meyers, Sept. 30
• How to give a good audition.
• How to stand out, get noticed and increase your odds of getting the job.
• The advantages of being ready to offer something different.