Los Angeles (September 5, 2006) --- The Joint Board of Screen Actors Guild (SAG) and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) overwhelmingly approved a two-year extension to the Commercials Contracts with the advertising industry. Beginning today, ballots are being mailed to all SAG and AFTRA eligible voters. Filled-out ballots must be returned via mail and must be received at the assigned post office box in Everett, WA no later than 5 p.m. (PST) Tuesday, September 26, 2006. Additionally, informational meetings will be held in select cities across the country in the coming weeks.
SAG urges its members to learn more about the specifics of the agreement, attend informational meetings if possible, and contact the Guild with any questions.
Please use the links below to find additional information on the referendum.
· To read a letter from SAG President Alan Rosenberg to membership, click here.
· To read all the referendum material being sent to the SAG and AFTRA combined membership, including Presidents' message and ballot summary, click here.
· To find out about Commercials Contracts informational meetings being held in cities nationwide:
Washington, D.C. - September 8, 2006
Chicago, IL - September 11, 2006
New York, NY - September 12, 2006
San Francisco, CA - September 14, 2006
· To read each of the official SAG press releases regarding the Commercials Contracts: August 26, 2006 Press Release
· To read "A Two-Year Extension of the Commercials Contract: What It Means" click here.
To download Adobe Acrobat Reader (for PDF viewing), click here.