Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
VITA TAX WORKSHEETS FOR 2013
- The VITA Program prepares and files your tax returns when you are seen - on an appointment or walk-in basis. They provide their worksheets for your use and to comply with IRS requirements. They are required for the VITA Program and must be completed. If you are not able to visit a VITA site, you may still use these worksheets to organize your records and file your tax returns. Consult with your own tax preparer as to what you are required to do.
- Please complete ALL of the worksheets as indicated in the instructions (total columns where indicated) and bring all documentation with you to your appointment (paid-up union card, photo ID, original or copy of your Social Security card, income statements, W-2s, etc.).
- It is important that you have all of the information completed as well as statements and documents gathered before you arrive to have your taxes prepared. You will not be seen unless you have everything ready.
- If you have questions about these worksheets, please call the VITA office in New York between 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. at (212) 921-2548. We will be happy to help.
- The New York VITA site is located on the 14th Floor of the Equity Building at 165 West 46th Street, New York, NY 10036. The temporary entrance is on 1560 Broadway (between 46th & 47th Streets) due to building renovations. The New York office opens for the new season on Monday, Feb. 3, 2014. Members may also receive VITA services in Los Angeles at the Actors’ Fund.
VITA Introduction to Worksheets
VITA IRS Worksheet Pages
VITA Information Checklist
VITA Rules for SAG-AFTRA Members
VITA W-2 Worksheet
VITA Other Income
VITA Actors Expenses
VITA Out of Town Expenses
VITA Auto Expenses
New York VITA Office Location and Hours
When: The New York VITA office tax season four-day week runs from the first Monday in February through the last Friday in April.
Tax Season Office Hours: Monday, Feb. 3- Friday, Apr. 25, 2014
10:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, closed Tuesday.
The VITA office is open the remainder of the year (June – January) on Thursdays only.
Where: Actors’ Equity Building – 14th Floor
165 West 46th Street,
New York, NY 10036
The temporary entrance is on 1560 Broadway (between 46th & 47th Streets) due to building renovations.
The products and services noted herein are provided as an informational service to SAG-AFTRA members and are administered by entities independent of SAG-AFTRA. Any questions must be handled by the provider. This information is not intended to serve as an endorsement by the union nor is any warranty or guarantee implied.