BookPALS (Performing Artists for Literacy in Schools), a signature literacy program of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation, is looking for union performers to become volunteer readers for children in Title I public elementary school classrooms.
You can inspire a lifelong love of reading in children! Click here to watch a short video about the BookPALS program.
BookPALS volunteers must be:
• SAG-AFTRA or Actors’ Equity Association union members.
• Available during the school day to read one hour per week for at least one semester.
• Able to attend a New Readers Workshop and occasional check-ins.
• Genuinely interested in youth development.
• Practiced in the art of storytelling.
• Consistent and reliable.
Join BookPALS today. Step one is to fill out our online application. For more information and questions, contact Natalie Rogers, Florida Literacy Program Manager, at email@example.com or (321) 229-0638.