Here's your opportunity to get one-on-one advice from some of the top agents in town.
Each member will spend five minutes with an agent for on-camera auditioning, five minutes with an agent for voiceover critiques and 10 minutes with an agent discussing headshots and self-marketing material.
When: 6 - 8 p.m. Monday, Dec.12
Where: Kaufherr Members Resource Center (KMRC)
1 E. Erie, Suite 660
Chicago, IL 60611
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited.
Park at 10 East Ontario. Enter on the north side of Ontario between Wabash and State, and then take a ticket. When you sign in, you may purchase a four-hour ticket for $10 cash. You will need both tickets to exit the parking structure.
This is going to be a fast-paced, closely timed conservatory, so we need to do some pre-production to make sure it all goes smoothly. Here's what you'll need to do:
- RSVP to Kathy Byrne at email@example.com.
- Send a pdf of your headshot and resume. This will be shared with the on-camera agents, so they know what type of copy to bring for you.
- For the voiceover agent, you will need to send an mp3 of no more than 30 seconds of whatever voiceover work you think you're best at (i.e. commercial, narration, etc.).
- Don't have an mp3? No problem, just schedule a time to come to the KMRC by Dec. 5 and you can make one in the Audio Studio.
- The day of the Conservatory, bring additional hard copy headshots and resumes for the agents. YOU MUST BE ON TIME. We will be scheduling members in half-hour increments. If you miss your time slot, there's no way to make it up. (Just come early and you'll have no worries).
If you attended the Speed Dating event in 2014, you are welcome to RSVP, but will be waitlisted in order to make room for members who have not had the opportunity to participate in this limited-capacity event.
As these events are free, reservations fill up fast. A waiting list will be used. If you can't make it, please cancel your reservation with as much notice as possible - minimum 24 hours - so another member may benefit by attending this event. Failure to do so may result in your being denied a reservation slot in upcoming events.
The purpose of this event is for you to receive unbiased, third-party critique of your work. As a by-product, performers have found an agent during this process; however that is not the intent of this Conservatory.
Work the perk! Agent Speed Dating - like all SAG-AFTRA Conservatory and KMRC programming - is a benefit of your union membership and offered to all SAG-AFTRA members in good standing. Unfortunately, no guests allowed. Parents/guardians of younger performers under 18 years old are welcome. Please bring your membership card (paid through Oct. 31, 2016 or April 30, 2017) for admittance.