CBS Casting Opportunity for Miami Members
Type of Project: Drama Diversity Casting Initiative for Actors Outside L.A. and N.Y.
Network: CBS Entertainment
Submission Deadline: Friday, Oct. 28
Usage: Diversity outreach for future CBS current series and upcoming pilots.
The CBS Drama Diversity Casting Initiative is a nationwide program geared towards finding new breakout talent. The initiative, which is part of the CBS Diversity Institute, is designed to provide opportunities for underrepresented talent across the country, including areas with limited access to industry professionals. After receiving and reviewing online submissions from a nationwide open casting call, CBS casting executives will join local casting directors in five cities (Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Miami and San Francisco) to work closely with selected participants in each city on callback auditions. Following these regional casting sessions, 14-16 actors total will be chosen to travel to Los Angeles for the unique opportunity to screen test with a professional director and crew on the set of a CBS series. Screen tests will then be available to network executives and the creative teams behind CBS’ current series and upcoming pilots.
This initiative is focused on increasing exposure for people who belong to groups that have traditionally been under represented, including African American, Asian American, Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander, LGBTQ actors and/or performers with disabilities. All applicants must be 18 and older to apply. Please see the program terms for more information regarding eligibility and terms and conditions.
1. Download an application here.
- Please fill out ALL requested information and sign the application.
- Make sure to indicate the region to which you are applying.
2. Select ONE monologue from the choices provided here. Read the directions below carefully.
- Please select ONE monologue from the choices provided.
- Make sure to clearly slate your name and height before your audition.
- The framing for your slate should be a full body shot. The framing for your audition should be from the chest/shoulders up.
- Make sure there are no distracting elements (i.e. low lighting, background objects, disruptive noise, avoid wearing white, stripes or checks).
- Self-Tapes MUST be sent in via PASSWORD PROTECTED VIMEO LINK. Make sure to include your password in your submission or we will not be able to view your audition.
- If you have another person assist you in making your self-tape, please have them complete and sign the Videographer Release at the end of the application and include this signed release along with your signed application in your submission.
- To upload to Vimeo click here.
3. Email your completed and signed application, headshot and resume (if available), the signed Videographer Release (if applicable) and a link to your self-taped audition to one of the email addresses below. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, OCT. 28.
- You should only submit if you are available during the dates indicated below (Actors should only apply if they are able to travel, at their own expense, to one of these cities during their regional casting sessions):
- Atlanta, GA – Nov. 7-9
- Austin, TX – Nov. 3-4
- Chicago, IL – Nov. 2-4
- Miami, FL – Nov. 10-11
- San Francisco, CA – Nov. 10-11
- Please submit all requested materials to the email address that corresponds to the city that you select as your callback city in your application: