Audio narration is one of the fastest growing segments for union performers today! Isn’t it worth your time to find out if this new venue is right for you? This 3½-hour workshop covers the basics of recording audiobooks for commercial publishers.
The workshop will be hosted by Sean Pratt – a nationally known audiobook narrator and teacher. Sean has been a working actor for over 30 years and audiobook narrator for 20 years (aka – Lloyd James), recording over 875 books in almost every genre and has received 8 AudioFile Magazine “Earphones” awards and 5 “Audie” nominations from the Audio Publishers Association.
This workshop will cover:
- Why audiobook narration is its own unique style of VO
- Why your audiobook demo is different from your commercial VO demo
- The art, effort and attitude of narrating audiobooks
- The differences between the fiction and nonfiction genres
- The basic equipment you’ll need to start practicing your audiobook technique
- Ideas for create your narration booth
- Resources for finding audiobook work
- The general state of the audiobook industry and where it's headed
Come prepared to ask questions during a Q&A session. Materials will be provided for participants to take home and review.
When: 1:30 – 5 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 13 (doors open at 1 p.m.)
Where: DFW SAG-AFTRA Conference Room
15110 Dallas Parkway,
Dallas, TX 75248
Cost: FREE for Austin, Houston or ProACT Conservatory members. Not a Conservatory member? SAG-AFTRA members may join the Conservatory for $35/year - join here
RSVP: Please RSVP to DallasRSVP@sagaftra.orgby Nov 8. Please include your SAG-AFTRA ID number in your email.Registration is extremely limited, on afirst come, first served basis. If you must cancel, please do so at least two days before the event, so that we may accommodate members on the waiting list.