BookPALS (Performing Artists for Literacy in Schools),
a signature literacy program of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation,
is looking for union performers to become volunteer readers
for children in Title I public elementary school classrooms.
YOU can help inspire a lifelong love of reading!
Click on the image below to watch a short video about BookPALS!
Volunteers must be:
- SAG-AFTRA or Actors Equity Association union members
- Available during the school day to read 1 hour/week for at least 1 semester
- Willing to attend a New Readers Workshop and occasional check-ins
- Genuinely interested in youth development
- Practiced in the art of storytelling
- Consistent and reliable
For more information and questions, contact Natalie Rogers, Florida Literacy Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-229-0638.