BookPALS Wanted in Florida
BookPALS (Performing Artists for Literacy in Schools), a signature literacy program of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation, is looking for union performers to become volunteer readers for children in Title I public elementary school classrooms.
YOU can help inspire a lifelong love of reading.
Click here to watch a short video about BookPALS!
Volunteers must be:
- SAG-AFTRA or Actors Equity Association union members
- Available during the school day to read 1 hour/week for at least 1 semester
- Willing to attend a New Readers Workshop and occasional check-ins
- Genuinely interested in youth development
- Practiced in the art of storytelling
- Consistent and reliable
Join Our Corps of Dedicated BookPALS Today. Step one is to fill out our online application by clicking here.
For more information and questions, contact Natalie Rogers, Florida Literacy Program Manager, at email@example.com or (321) 229-0638.
The products and services noted herein are provided as an informational service to SAG-AFTRA members and are administered by entities independent of SAG-AFTRA. Any questions must be handled by the provider. This information is not intended to serve as an endorsement nor is any warranty or guarantee implied.