May 15, 2009
47 Artists for the Employee Free Choice Act
While many people associate actors with fame and glory, the truth is, a union contract is the only reason many performers can support their families. That’s why Screen Actors Guild supports the Employee Free Choice Act. All workers, regardless of their field, deserve the freedom to bargain for a contract for a better life.
To spread this message, 47 artists joined together with the AFL-CIO, and members of other entertainment unions, to create “Artists4WorkersChoice.” This is an amazing collection of Oscar, Grammy, Emmy and Tony-award winners and nominees, sitcom stars, character actors, musicians, comedians and Broadway performers.
All are union members. All support the Employee Free Choice Act and say so in this new video.
This is not a red state issue. This is not a blue state issue. It’s a workers’ issue.
Please watch the video. Share it with your family, friends and through social networking. And, just as importantly, contact your U.S. senators and representative in Washington D.C. here, and ask them to support the Employee Free Choice Act.
Together, we can make America's economy work for working people.
A special thank you goes out to all the actors, editors, writers and crew members who made this video possible, including members of the following unions:
- Actors' Equity Association
- American Federation of Musicians
- American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA)
- Directors Guild of America (DGA)
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, Its Territories and Canada (IATSE)
- Screen Actors Guild (SAG)
- Writers Guild of America, East
- Writers Guild of America, West