We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit qualified performers, without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
Production: Untitled Oakland Project, starring Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casal
Contract: SAG-AFTRA Low Budget Agreement
Shoot Location: Oakland
Shooting Days: 15 days in Oakland between Tuesday, May 30 - Wednesday, June 28. Film shoots often last 12 hours, early morning through late evening.
The film is a buddy movie that uses style and humor to discuss issues of race, gentrification and class.
Seeking background performers able to portray:
African American men and women ages 20 to 40 as Oakland pedestrians, movers, bailiffs, beauticians, beauty shop customers, jurors, bar patrons, restaurant customers and a couple of drug addicts
Days: May 30 – June 2, June 5, June 7, June 13, June 17, June 21, June 23-24, June 26-28
Please note: The SAG-AFTRA background rate is $162 for 8 hrs. plus overtime if applicable. If cast with car, you will receive an additional $35 auto allowance. I-9 paperwork will be filled out on set. U.S. Citizens must present a current U.S.
Submission Instructions: To submit for background work on this film, email the following to SAGBBC@gmail.com:
- Subject line: Untitled Oakland, also note Available Dates between: 5/30, 5/31, 6/1, 6/2, 6/5, 6/7, 6/13, 6/17, 6/21, 6/23, 6/24, 6/26, 6/27 and 6/28
- Name, SAG-AFTRA #, Cell
- City you live in and approximate age
- Height & Weight, include clothing sizes for uniformed role consideration
- Car year, color, make & model if you have one
- Photos: attach 2 brand new cell phone quality photos. l waist up & 1 standing view, both facing camera (no hats or sunglasses)
- If we have not cast you for Union work before, please attach photo/scanned copy of your SAG-AFTRA card or other proof of Union membership
Please bring passport OR two forms of ID (A valid Driver’s License or State Photo ID card with either Social Security Card or Birth Certificate). Non-U.S. citizens must present current Green Card, Permanent Resident Card or Work Authorization Dept. of Homeland Security.
We will contact you if selected. No phone calls please.
Production: A Wake
Producer: Cheryl Simas Valenzuela
Director: Scott Boswell
Contract: SAG-AFTRA Ultra Low Budget
Shoot Location: Sonoma County
Shooting Dates: Shoots start August 10 through August 27 in Sonoma County. Reliable transportation is necessary since public transportation is not available.
Compensation: Minimum day rate and meals provided. Travel and lodging if necessary.
A Wake is a character-driven drama told from the point of view of the children in a conservative family as they prepare for the wake of their brother, Mitchel.
Mason/Mitchel, LEAD 14-16, Caucasian: Identical twin role. Mason is a teenage kid determined to make contact with his deceased twin brother through spiritual means on the advent of his brother's wake. Mitchel appears in flashback memories that reveal a boy struggling with secrets and painkiller addiction.
Molly, LEAD 10-12, Caucasian: Molly is a precocious and serious pre-teen girl who organized the wake for her deceased older brother, with intent on everything going exactly as planned.
Jameson, LEAD 14-16, African-American: A polite teen who reluctantly arrives at the wake of his ex-boyfriend after receiving an invitation, unsure of what to expect from this white family that he's never met.
Vanessa, Supporting Lead, 45-55, Caucasian: A discontented stepmother (biological mother to Molly) who never wanted to have a wake for her stepson in the first place and struggles to maintain the appearance of a functional family to the public.
Richard, Supporting Lead, 45-55, Caucasian: Father to all the children. A bit hard on the boys and his denial about this is starting to crack.
Submission Instructions:To submit for work, email the following to Austin King at email@example.com by June 1.
- Subject line: A Wake
- Submit a headshot, resume and video links (and agent information if applicable) along with name, SAG-AFTRA #, approximate age, city you live in and cell number.
Production: Behind Enemy Lines
Contract: AMPTP (20th Century Fox Corp) TV Pilot
Casting: Beau Bonneau Casting
Shoot Location: Alameda, CA
Shooting Dates: Two-day shoot in Alameda on Tuesday, April 4 and Wednesday, April 5. TV shoots often last 12 hours, early morning through late evening.
Background actors will be needed for The TV show which follows the events and exploits of several military members trapped behind enemy lines.
Seeking background actors able to portray:
Male and female, 20-40 years old
- Individuals need to be comfortable on a naval ship.
- There will be a lot of standing so you must be in good physical health.
- Military experience is a plus.
- Men should be clean cut with short hair, no facial hair or sideburns nothing longer than mid ear.
- Men must be willing to get a short clean haircut Monday, April 3rd.
- No face and neck piercings or tattoos.
- Other background roles include Officers, Pilots, and Enlisted men all will be onboard a naval ship.
Compensation: The SAG-AFTRA background rate is $172 for 8hrs plus overtime if applicable. I-9 paperwork will be filled out on set. U.S. Citizens must present a current U.S. Passport OR two forms of ID: a valid Driver’s License or State Photo ID card with either Social Security Card or Birth Certificate. Non U.S. citizens must present current Green Card, Permanent Resident Card or Work Authorization Dept. of Homeland Security.
Submission Instructions: All submissions to be sent to SAGBBC@gmail.com. Subject line: BEL, age range, city you live in, and available date(s): April 4, April 5. NOTE if you have military experience or if you have portrayed Ship Crewmen in the past.
- Height, weight, and clothing sizes.
- Men please list coat, shirt (neck and sleeve), pants (waist and inseam, and shoe size.
- Women please list bust, cup, waist, hip, shirt, pants and shoe size.
- Attach 2 new, digital photos: one shoulders up and the second in standing view, both facing camera (no hats or sunglasses). Do not send professional photos.
If we have not cast you for Union work before, please attach photo/scanned copy of your SAG-AFTRA card or other proof of Union membership. We will contact you if selected. No phone calls please.