San Francisco-Northern California Conservatory Presents Tapping in to Your Imagination - Tools for Connecting Emotionally as an Actor with Bobby Weinapple
When: 7:30 – 9:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 21
Where: Phoenix Annex/ Seydways Acting Studios (in the Native Sons Building)
414 Mason Street, 4th Floor, Suite 406 (cross streets Geary and Post)
Directions/Parking: Public transportation is available (BART and MUNI - Powell Street Station). Self-pay parking is available at the Sutter/Stockton or Ellis/O'Farrell garages.
This free workshop for SAG-AFTRA members is designed to help actors find ease with using the imagination as their primary tool in connecting emotionally. This is a hands-on workshop which will include improvisational and scripted scene work, as well as covering a clear, practical understanding of such foundation concepts as:
- Given circumstances
- The role of emotion
- The magic "as if"
- Being "in the moment"
This enjoyable and informative workshop is designed to explore the foundations of a practical and enjoyable approach to acting for actors of all levels. If you have ever been confused by the myriad terms and approaches of acting methods, or feel pressured to 'be more emotional,' this workshop will help you sort through and create a foundation for a way of working no matter what your approach or training may be.
RSVP: Email Vicki Balich at email@example.com. Include your name, phone number and membership I.D. number.
- Participants will be randomly selected from those who respond, with preference being given to those who have not attended Conservatory events in the past year.
- As a courtesy to members on the waiting list, if you have reserved a space in this workshop and cannot attend, please cancel your reservation by Monday, Oct. 19. Failure to do so may result in the inability to attend future workshops.
- We appreciate your enthusiasm to participate in conservatory classes, anyone who shows up without receiving written confirmation will not be granted access to the class. If you arrive late, it is up to the discretion of the teacher as to whether or not you will be admitted.
- There is no charge for this event.
- Class size is limited to 40 members.
Bobby Weinapple is a professional actor, director and teacher in the San Francisco Bay Area. On-camera credits include dozens of commercials, industrials and many independent films, as well as guest starring roles on Nash Bridges and Trauma, and a featured role in La Mission with Benjamin Bratt. He has also worked at many of the region's major theaters, including the Tony award-winning Berkeley Repertory Theatre. In 1996, he received a Drama-Logue Award for Principal Performance for his performance in Lady Be Good with 42nd Street Moon. As a teacher, he has been a faculty member for eight years with the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, and currently heads the San Francisco branch of Seydways Studios, one of San Francisco’s premier acting studios.
This workshop is only open to paid-up SAG-AFTRA members in good standing — no guests are allowed. Parents/guardians of performers under 18 years old are welcome. SAG-AFTRA members, please bring your membership card (paid through Oct. 31, 2015 or April 30, 2016) for admittance. This workshop is not intended to imply an endorsement of any individual or company by SAG-AFTRA. The information provided through the workshop is given for informational purposes and may not be a suitable substitute for the advice of other industry professionals. You should always use good judgment in these matters and should not act or refrain from acting based solely on information provided through the workshop.