Member Discount: Tell Me a Story – Nonfiction Audiobook Narration Technique, Dec. 5
Members are invited to a three-hour workshop with Sean Pratt at discounted rates.
When: 7 – 10 p.m., Monday, Dec. 5
Where: International House Philadelphia
3701 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Tell Me a Story – Nonfiction Audiobook Narration Technique will explore:
- The “TED Talk” performance concept Sean uses for all of his narration projects
- Finding the “spine of the paragraph” and why it is essential to enhancing your overall performance
- “Paragraph Colors” - The idea of finding clues in the language to use as subtext in a paragraph to create variation in your narration
- The “Four Voices of Nonfiction” technique and how to use it to sharpen your performance for the listener
Sean will provide several text examples and articles during the workshop.
In addition to directing your reads and providing feedback, Sean Pratt will offer an incisive look into his text preparation process, giving you skills that you will be able to apply to any nonfiction audiobook. These skills are tailored to help you identify and embrace the book’s genre and style, make appropriate acting choices and learn how to deal with many of the particular challenges of nonfiction.
- Non-member: $150 (by check or PayPal)
- SAG-AFTRA, AEA Members: $120
- Audit: $100 (If you wish to observe the class only; space is limited.)
RSVP: Email email@example.com and write “December 5th Workshop” in the subject line. Also, indicate that you are a SAG-AFTRA member. Please note that class size is limited to only eight people who will work with Sean.
The products and services noted herein are provided as an informational service to SAG-AFTRA members and are administered by entities independent of SAG-AFTRA. Any questions must be handled by the provider. This information is not intended to serve as an endorsement nor is any warranty or guarantee implied.