Mammograms Save Lives!
*Early Detection is the key
*Most accurate test for breast cancer
*Exam takes only 5 minutes
*Compression is tight, not painful
40% of eligible women do not get their annual mammogram- let’s change that…
The SAG-AFTRA Healthcare SafetyNet Committee, Women’s Committee and Inner Images are offering, to members who qualify, free mammograms by appointment only between 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. during the “WELL WOMAN” Health Expo on Thursday, Oct. 18.
Do you qualify for free services? You may if you:
• are 40 years old or older
• have low income (EWC Income Criteria)
• have not had a mammogram in the past year
• are not pregnant, currently nursing or nursing within the last 3 months
• live in California
• Inner Images offers a “High Risk Grant” for women with a family history of Breast or Cervical cancer and who are between the ages of 30-39. Age of potential patients must be within a ten (10) year age range of the family member at the time of their diagnosis.
• Women who have had breast cancer treatment/surgery need to have a diagnostic mammogram through their provider and be released from their provider first to have a regular annual screening mammogram.
For more information: http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/cancer/EWC/Documen...
If you qualify and would like to schedule an appointment forOctober 18 between 10a.m. – 3 p.m., please email SAGAFTRAHealth@sagaftra.org with your name, SAG-AFTRA ID number, a time frame that would work for you and a phone number. We will then contact you with your appointment time.