Everything You Always Wanted to Know, But Were Afraid to Ask
- As a producer how do I find professional talent for my project?
- What productions are happening in Texas?
- As a director, how do I access the creativity of the professional actor?
- What is a background zone and does Austin have one?
- As an actor, how do I become eligible to join the pros of SAG-AFTRA?
- What’s the difference in agent commissions between union and non-union performers?
- As a SAG-AFTRA member, can I audition for non-union work?
Hear from our panel of experts on the real details of working in the industry. Learn how performers are viewed and ultimately hired. Panelists include professional directors, writers, producers and actors, plus SAG-AFTRA staff.
When: 3:30-5:30 p.m., Sunday, May 18, 2014 (Following SAG-AFTRA Membership Meeting)
3 p.m., Check in
Where: Marchesa Theatre, 6226 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin
Who: Open to all who want to know more about working pro in Texas.
RSVP: RSVP to AustinRSVP@sagaftra.org by 5 p.m., May 16
Doors open for registration at 3 p.m. – Class starts promptly at 3:30 p.m.