SAG-AFTRA New York Local Seniors Committee Presents: A Hands-On Technology and Social Media Workshop, May 10
Times have changed and it’s important to understand how to use technology. Join us for a hands-on technology and social media workshop that will help you understand their importance.
When: *3:30-6 p.m., Wednesday, May 10
3:30 – 4 p.m.: Overview of necessary tech and social media tools for the working actor
4 – 6 p.m.: 1-on-1 meetings with experts about specific tech or social concerns. Important: If you want a 1-on-1 meeting, please bring your laptops, smartphones and tablets.
Where: SAG-AFTRA – Ken Howard Boardroom
1900 Broadway, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10023
(Between 63rd and 64th Streets)
When you leave this workshop, you will know about:
- Taking advantage of technology to best compete for work and empower your career
- Tools used for accessing the internet such as laptops, smartphones and tablets
- Social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
This workshop will be moderated by Elaine LeGaro, co-chair of the SAG-AFTRA New York Local Seniors Committee.
- Jae Choe, Technical Administrator, SAG-AFTRA Foundation Computer Lab
- Michael King, IT Department, SAG-AFTRA
- Cathy Lilly, Actor and Tech Expert
- Tommy McInnis, Actor and Tech Expert
- Ray Normandeau, Actor and Tech Expert
- Carlotta Zimmerman, Seminar Tech Presenter and Success Strategist
If you require ADA accommodations, or have additional questions, please let us know by contacting (212) 827-1542 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSVP: Email email@example.com or call (212) 827-1542. Admittance with a confirmed reservation is on a first-come-first-served basis. Please plan to arrive to check in by 3 p.m., as we will start promptly at 3:30 p.m.
This meeting is only open to paid-up SAG-AFTRA members in good standing. Unfortunately, no guests allowed. Parents/guardians of young performers under 18 years old are welcome. No RSVP necessary. SAG-AFTRA members, please bring your membership card (paid through April 30, 2017 or Oct. 31, 2017) for admittance.
The products and services noted herein are provided as an informational service to SAG-AFTRA members and are administered by entities independent of SAG-AFTRA. Any questions must be handled by the provider. This information is not intended to serve as an endorsement by the union nor is any warranty or guarantee implied.