Top Ten Things You’ll Learn:
- Why audiobook narration is its own unique style of VO
- Why your audiobook demo is different from your commercial VO dem
- The art, effort and attitude of narrating audiobooks
- The differences between the fiction and nonfiction genres
- The basic equipment you’ll need to start practicing your audiobook technique
- Ideas for create your narration booth
- Resources for finding audiobook work
- The general state of the audiobook industry and where it's headed
- Your questions answered during Q & A
- There will be materials provided for the participants to take home and review.
When: 1-4 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 17
Where: SAG-AFTRA Office
15110 Dallas Parkway, #440
Dallas, TX 75248
Cost: Free to ProACT Conservatory Members. $35/year ProACT Conservatory membership gives you access to all Texas Conservatory programs in 2018. To join ProACT click here.
Register: Please RSVP to DallasRSVP@sagaftra.org. RSVP is required.
Please put "audiobook event" in the subject line. Include your name, phone number and SAG-AFTRA membership number. You will receive a confirmation email. Space is extremely limited. First come, first serve basis only. If you must cancel, please do so at least two days before the event, so that we may accommodate members on the waiting list.
Sean Pratt is a nationally known audiobook narrator. Pratt has been a working actor for over 30 years and audiobook narrator for 22 years (aka – Lloyd James), recording over 950 books in almost every genre and has received 8 AudioFile Magazine “Earphones” awards and 5 “Audie” nominations from the Audio Publishers Association. Currently, Pratt coaches performers on audiobook narration technique, as well as teaching classes on and writes articles about the Business of the Biz.