In this three-hour scene study workshop you will find who the characters are, what they need and how they feel—gaining a true understanding of who you're playing. Utilizing objectives, actions and emotions, attendees will develop a simple approach to the scripted material, tackling characters as professionally skilled actors. This workshop provides members private coaching in a class setting. Scenes and partners will be assigned at least a week ahead of time, based on submitted headshots after the random selection is completed.
When: 6 – 9 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 8
Where: San Francisco-Northern California Local Office
350 Sansome St. Suite 900 (between Sacramento and California Streets)
San Francisco, CA 94104
Public transportation is available and encouraged. There are self-pay parking garages and metered street parking in the area.
RSVP: To RSVP, email Vicki Balich at email@example.com.
- Please include your name, phone number and union membership I.D. number.
- Participants will be randomly selected from those who respond, with preference being given to those who have not attended Conservatory events in the past 3 months.
- As a courtesy to members on the waiting list, if you have reserved a space in this workshop and cannot attend, please cancel your reservation by Wednesday, Jan. 25. Failure to do so may result in the inability to attend future workshops.
- If you arrive late, it is up to the discretion of the teacher as to whether or not you will be admitted.
- There is no charge for this event.
Class Size: 12 Maximum
Jeffrey Fox has worked in film, television and theatre - from sitcoms to Broadway to The Amazing Spider-Man and John Carter. He has studied all over the country with some of the greatest teachers, including William Ball at the American Conservatory Theatre in San Francisco and Sandy Meisner at the New York's Neighborhood Playhouse.
This workshop is only open to paid-up SAG-AFTRA members in good standing — no guests are allowed. Parents/guardians of performers under 18 years old are welcome. SAG-AFTRA members, please bring your membership card (paid through April 30, 2017) for admittance. This workshop is not intended to imply an endorsement of any individual or company by SAG-AFTRA. The information provided through the workshop is given for informational purposes and may not be a suitable substitute for the advice of other industry professionals. You should always use good judgment in these matters and should not act or refrain from acting based solely on information provided through the workshop.