San Francisco-Northern California Local Conservatory Presents
Audition Like A Pro: How to Turn Stage Fright Into Magnetism with Holly Shaw
Do you find yourself sabotaging auditions with nervousness or freezing up during performances? If you get frustrated because you can kill it in rehearsal but for some reason inexplicably choke onstage now and then, it’s not a sign "from the universe" that you shouldn't be an actor. It's actually the opposite. Join creativity coach and hypnotherapist Holly Shaw to find out how your stage fright or nervousness can be transformed - helping you create magnetic and powerful energy in auditions, onstage and on film. Holly Shaw has over twenty years of experience studying performance anxiety, and has performed on TV, film and stages all over the world.
In this two-hour free workshop, you will learn:
- How to quickly create a powerful connection between yourself and your audience
- How to drop into the "optimum" mindset before stepping onstage or into an audition
- Powerful tools for transforming stage fright into magnetism
When: 6 – 8 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 21
Where: SAG-AFTRA San Francisco Local Office
350 Sansome St. Suite 900 (between Sacramento and California Streets)
San Francisco, CA 94104
Public transportation is available and encouraged. There are self-pay parking garages and metered street parking in the area.
RSVP: SAG-AFTRA Francisco-Northern California Local by email to Vicki Balich firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your name, phone number and union membership I.D. number.
- Participants will be randomly selected from those who respond, with preference being given to those who have not attended Conservatory events in the past year.
- As a courtesy to members on the waiting list, if you have reserved a space in this workshop and cannot attend, please cancel your reservation by Friday, February 17th. Failure to do so may result in the inability to attend future workshops.
- We appreciate your enthusiasm to participate in conservatory classes, anyone who shows up without receiving written confirmation will not be granted access to the class. If you arrive late, it is up to the discretion of the teacher as to whether or not you will be admitted.
- There is no charge for this event.
Class Size: 20
This workshop is only open to paid-up SAG-AFTRA members in good standing — no guests are allowed. Parents/guardians of performers under 18 years old are welcome. SAG-AFTRA members, please bring your membership card (paid through April 30, 2017) for admittance. This workshop is not intended to imply an endorsement of any individual or company by SAG-AFTRA. The information provided through the workshop is given for informational purposes and may not be a suitable substitute for the advice of other industry professionals. You should always use good judgment in these matters and should not act or refrain from acting based solely on information provided through the workshop.