Join BookPALS: An Audience Needs You!
BookPALS (Performing Artists for Literacy in Schools), a signature literacy program of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation, is looking for union performers to become volunteer readers for children in Title I public elementary school classrooms.
YOU can inspire a lifelong love of reading in children! Click on the image below to watch a short video about the BookPALS program:
- SAG-AFTRA or Actors Equity Association union members
- Available during the school day to read 1 hour/week for at least 1 semester
- Able to attend a New Reader Workshop and occasional check-ins
- Genuinely interested in youth development
- Practiced in the art of storytelling
- Consistent and reliable
For more information and questions, contact Natalie Rogers, Florida Literacy Program Manager, at email@example.com or (321) 229-0638.
The products and services noted herein are provided as an informational service to SAG-AFTRA members and are administered by entities independent of SAG-AFTRA. Any questions must be handled by the provider. This information is not intended to serve as an endorsement nor is any warranty or guarantee implied.