Your SAG and AFTRA joint member negotiating team along with the Joint Board of Directors strongly
recommend a YES vote on this agreement that, if approved, will:
Download Commercials Contracts Highlights
- Increase by more than $36 million actor wages and other payments for all categories of performers
in the first year of the contracts.
- Add approximately $24 million in increased contributions to the SAG Pension & Health Plan and the
AFTRA Health & Retirement Fund.
- Protect the existing Class A residual payment structure.
- Increase the AFTRA Radio Commercials Contract by 5.35 percent, including contributions to the
AFTRA Health & Retirement and its portion of the Industry Cooperative Fund.
- Increase by 5.5 percent overall wages and other compensation over the life of the SAG and AFTRA
Television Commercials Contracts.
- Increase by 4.43 percent Class A, wild spot, and basic cable session fees, retroactive to April 1, 2009.
- Increase wages for Internet or new media use of broadcast and cable commercials to 1.3 times the
minimum session fee for eight weeks’ use and 3.5 times the minimum session fee for one year’s use.
- Effective in the third year of the contract, establish the same minimum compensation structure as
noted above for original commercials made for the Internet and other new media platforms. And
also, establish minimum session compensation for extra performers equal to their broadcast and
- No changes to the existing editing provisions.
- Increase the employer contribution rate to 15 percent for the SAG Pension & Health and AFTRA
Health & Retirement plans and an additional .5 percent to the IACF/AICF. The agreement provides
for a cap on Pension & Health and Health & Retirement contributions, effective in year three, of $1
million per performer, per contract, per year.
- Increase work opportunities for extras, securing five new covered jobs for this category of actors.
- Establish new holding fee provisions for made-for cable-only commercials.
- Institute, for the first time, a contract provision to pay extras a round-trip mileage fee of $8.
- Increase foreign use payments under the Spanish-language section of the contract.
- JPC and Unions agree to meet at least annually to establish specific action items designed to promote union-covered Spanish-language commercial production.
- Address all of the unions’ proposals regarding diversity issues.