If you have a specific question about engagement and cancellation or need further information, please contact a business representative at your SAG-AFTRA local office.
The performer (Day, 3-Day TV, Weekly) has a firm engagement, which binds Producer in the following cases:
- Written notice of acceptance
- Contract signed by the Producer
- Script is given to the performer, with intent to hire
- When performer is fitted, other than wardrobe tests
- When performer is actually called and agrees to report
Day Performers Only: either party can cancel prior to noon on the day preceding such commencement date if the call for work has only been verbal and none of the binding conditions have occurred. “On or about” start dates are not permitted for day performers.