As part of an ongoing effort to expand job opportunities for all SAG members, including performers of color, people with disabilities, women, LGBT performers and seniors, CBS is now accepting submissions for its talent showcase for diverse sketch comedians. The showcase will be held in Los Angeles in January 2012 and once again executive producer and writer Rick Najera (“Mad TV,” “In Living Color”) will direct.
You must be available to audition, rehearse and perform in Los Angeles but all are welcome to submit.
CBS Entertainment executives, casting directors from the network’s primetime and daytime programs, as well as casting directors from shows on other networks are invited to the showcase. An invitation has also been extended to casting directors from production companies that work with CBS.
All SAG members are welcome to submit but, as per CBS, the showcase is primarily focused on African-American, Asian-American, Middle Eastern, Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander, LGBT actors, senior performers and performers with disabilities.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Thursday, September 22, 2011
Please read carefully before submitting:
· Participants must be at least 18 years old.
· Professional representation is not necessary.
· CBS will contact performers directly.
· Only one submission will be accepted using either method.
Instructions for electronic submissions:
1. Go to www.breakdownexpress.com and login. If you are not currently registered, you will need to register on this site to complete the process. The registration is completely free.
2. In the “Actors Access” section, choose the link listed as CBS Diversity Sketch Comedy Showcase.
3. Only one submission will be accepted.
Instructions for hard-copy submissions:
1. Submit one picture and resume. No tapes or cover letters
2. DO NOT DOUBLE SUBMIT if already submitted through another organization or have submitted electronically.
3. Only hard copy submissions. No emails.
4. No phone calls to CBS.
5. Please note submission deadline of Thursday, September 22. Submissions will not be accepted after this date.
Mail your photo and resume to:
Screen Actors Guild
Attn: 2011 CBS Sketch Comedy Diversity Showcase
5757 Wilshire Blvd., 7th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Hand-deliveries accepted Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Questions? As this is a CBS project, Screen Actors Guild does not have information or any input on decisions once you have made your submission. We ask that you do not contact us regarding those matters or the status of your submission. However, for additional information you may contact Adam Moore, interim national director, Affirmative Action & Diversity at (323) 549-6644 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.