SAG-AFTRA tried for more than 19 months to negotiate a new deal with employers in the video game industry. Meanwhile, performers have been governed by the more than two-decade old contract still in place. That has left voice actors without the protections necessary to work in the modern video game industry.
Today, Nov. 17, SAG-AFTRA members and allies are on a picket line at Insomniac Games, Inc. in Burbank, CA (click here for details) to show that our greatest strength is our unity. If you are not able to join us in person, please join the #PerformanceMatters picket in social media.
Ways to Join the Picket on Social Media: Today at Noon PT/ 2 p.m. CT / 3 p.m. ET.
At noon PT/3 p.m. ET today, virtually join those on the picket line: Show your support on social media by sharing the tweets below and these images; retweet and share SAG-AFTRA’s Facebook and Twitter posts; take a solidarity selfie or group photo, use the hashtag #PerformanceMatters and post it to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
- We need a fair contract for SAG-AFTRA’s video game performers! #PerformanceMatters
- Our greatest strength is our unity! We join SAG-AFTRA’s fight for video game performers #PerformanceMatters
- Fairness. Safety. Respect. #PerformanceMatters
- I stand with the #sagaftramembers seeking a fair video game contract. #PerformanceMatters
- Video game actors deserve a fair contract and safe working conditions. #PerformanceMatters
For more details and to sign up for updates, please visit our website at sagaftra.org/interactive. If you have questions, please call the strike hotline at (323) 549-6815.