Higher pay, increased numbers, and more work opportunities.
Right now, when you need them.
That’s what the proposed SAG TV/Theatrical contract gives to Background Actors. You were sent a ballot last week, and have just five more days to mail it.
Here’s why you should VOTE YES:
- Raises: For the first time in nearly 2 years, and in a sliding economy, you get an immediate 3 percent increase, and another 3.5% in year two.
- More OT and penalties: When you work on a traditional show and a derivative project for new media in the same day, you’ll be on two vouchers but the hours will be totaled for the day. Result? More overtime and meal penalties, and a higher paycheck.
- In Film: In the West Coast zones, there will be 5 more covered background positions each day in feature films, (3 more on ratification, another 2 the following year.
- In Television: This contract increases covered background positions in TV in the West Coast zones from 19 to 20- hundreds of new jobs every week.
MORE WORK OPPORTUNITIES
- Expanded Las Vegas Zone: Nevada background actors benefit from an expanded coverage zone, up to 15 miles from 220 Lewis Street in busy Las Vegas.
- New Media: For the first time ever, this contract calls for 10 covered background positions per day in the SAG background zones in all made for new media productions derived from film and TV, and in all original new media productions above the budget thresholds of $15,000 per minute, $300,000 per program, or $500,000 per series.
- You qualify for pension and health insurance based on the number of days you work. Approving this contract will jumpstart production and get you back to work with more opportunities than ever before. That will help you keep your benefits.
Don’t delay! Return your ballot today and VOTE YES for your future.
IT’S THE RIGHT DEAL. IT’S THE SMART DEAL. AND IT’S TIME.
View a Video Message to Background Actors