This is for original scene submissions only. Do not submit headshots/resumes. (Click here for information about talent submissions for the showcase)
ABC Casting is seeking original scene submissions for their upcoming Talent Showcase. This is a one night event produced by the ABC Casting Department to showcase new talent to an invited industry audience.
ABC has a long-standing commitment to promoting diversity in the entertainment industry through a variety of projects administered by the ABC Casting Department. The Talent Showcase offers an excellent opportunity for talent that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Since 2012, 25 new writers and 23 original scenes have been selected including 2011 NY Showcase Alum Jermaine Fowler who wrote and performed his original scene, Black Genie. Jermaine recently wrote and starred in Delores and Jermaine, a half-hour comedy pilot for ABC based on his life. In 2012, NY Showcase participant Andrew Law wrote and performed his original scene, Once We Go Black, and went on to join Late Night with Seth Meyers as a staff writer.
Submissions must be received via the email address below no later than 11:59 p.m. EST, Friday, June 5, 2015.
Submission Instructions and Info
Please read carefully before submitting
- Please use the following guidelines:
- Prefer 2 person scenes; comedy or light drama.
- Scenes should be 3-5 minutes long with a complete arc (beginning, middle & end).
- Scenes should be no longer than 6 pages; anything exceeding the maximum page count will not be considered.
- Simple settings are recommended; small props may be included.
- There should be an equal amount of dialogue for each character.
- Avoid using excerpts from a larger body of work, e.g., plays and scripts.
- To obtain a release form email: ABC.Casting@abc.com.
- Prior to submitting your scene, it is recommended, but not required, that you protect your work by registering it with WGAW Registration or WGAE Script Registration.
Questions? Click here for SAG-AFTRA’s Diversity FAQs.
The products and services noted herein are provided as an informational service to SAG-AFTRA members and are administered by entities independent of SAG-AFTRA. Any questions must be handled by the provider. This information is not intended to serve as an endorsement nor is any warranty or guarantee implied.